Nautilus South Beach
While this iconic building, created in the 1950s by architect Morris Lapidus, certainly isn’t new, its recent incarnation as Nautilus makes it the hottest new arrival in South Beach. The 250 rooms and suites in this oceanfront hotel feature custom-made linens, Ren bath products, a vintage –inspired mini-bar and more, while the incredible eateries and whip-smart staff complete the package.
What We Love
- Its location on Collins Avenue in Miami’s happening South Beach area, close to the Bass Museum of Art
- Its beach house style mixed with a mid-century modern jet set aesthetic
- The hotel’s hip hangout, the Lobby Bar, with its 25-foot ceilings and restored “stairway to nowhere,” a favorite of starchitect Morris Lapidus, the hotel’s original designer
- The huge outdoor terrace of the Driftwood Room, the hotel’s Mediterranean-style restaurant
- The luxe heated saltwater pool with its underwater sound system, surrounded by a teak deck with private cabanas, daybeds and loungers
You want luxury? How about the Nautilus’ 1,800 square-foot heated, salt-water beachfront pool complete with underwater sound system? With a stunning teak deck, eight private cabanas, pool bar and the ocean just steps away, relax and unwind in style.
Nautilus Cabana Club
Lauded celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli puts her culinary skills to work at Nautilus Cabana Club, which features a massive outdoor terrace, private dining room and more. Mediterranean-inspired fare meets local, seasonal ingredients to create flavours you won’t soon forget.
Architect Morris Lapidus’ design throughout the Driftwood Room lobby lounge is stunning, from the 25-foot-high ceiling to the sunken bar to the “stairs to nowhere.” Stop in for breakfast, grab a midday bite or pop by at night for cocktails.
RATECHECK GUARANTEES YOU THE BEST PRICE
We want you to get the best rate and our RateCheck ensures it. Once you book, RateCheck reviews your reservation and if the hotel reduces their price outside of your cancellation period, we will re-book your stay at the reduced rate.