The Empire Hotel - New York
With its modern décor, it is hard to believe that The Empire Hotel is one of New York’s oldest hotels, dating back to the 1890s. The chic candlelit lobby, high ceilings and black-and-white floors are accented with animal print and splashes of color. The bright design extends throughout this whimsical and fun property from the guestrooms all the way up to the rooftop pool.
What We Love
- The hotel is minutes from Lincoln Center, Juilliard School of Music, Metropolitan Opera, New York Philharmonic and Central Park
- The Empire’s rooftop is a great place to enjoy a cocktail and gaze out at New York’s breathtaking skyline
- One of only a few Manhattan hotels that offer a rooftop pool
- Guestroom décor is inspired by earthy Central Park colors mixed with modern Lincoln Center-inspired features
- The fitness center is open 24-hours a day, offering flexibility to health-conscious travelers
- In the movie Sex and the City 2, the Empire lobby is the spot where Samantha meets the hoteliers from Dubai
Rooftop Pool Deck
Open seasonally, the Rooftop Pool Deck is a popular hangout for Manhattan’s hottest crowd. Enjoy stunning views of Manhattan’s Upper West Side while relaxing in a private cabana, indulging in a cocktail, or cooling off in the pool.
A sensual and romantic setting, the Lobby Bar is a great place to hideaway with that special someone or mix and mingle with fellow guests. The menu features a selection of the finest wines, champagne and tasty signature cocktails.
Ed’s Chowder House and Raw Bar
A casual yet sophisticated restaurant, Ed’s Chowder House and Raw Bar offers delectable, fresh East Coast seafood. This ocean-themed restaurant transports diners from the bustling city to a relaxing seaside escape.
RATECHECK GUARANTEES YOU THE BEST PRICE
We want you to get the best rate and our RateCheck ensures it. Once you book, RateCheck reviews your reservation and if the hotel reduces their price outside of your cancellation period, we will re-book your stay at the reduced rate.