Originally designed in the 1920s, the Hay-Adams offers the traditional elegance of a private estate and the gracious service of a premier luxury hotel. The closest hotel to the White House, this legendary boutique offers unparalleled views of both the White House and Lafayette Park, along with a range of services designed with both the business and leisure traveler in mind.
What We Love
- The only hotel that has guestrooms overlooking Lafayette Park and the White House
- President Obama and First Lady Michelle stayed here before inauguration
- This is the closest hotel to the White House
- This Boutique and grand hotel is a member of the Historic Hotels of America
- Two legendary dining venues on-site that also offer live entertainment
- Off the Record’s bartender, John Boswell, is a 4-time winner of DC’s Best Bartender Award
Perks with Magellan
Complimentary wireless internet access
Weekday car service within downtown
The Lafayette Room
The Lafayette Room is DC’s ultimate destination for power-dining. Enjoy the elegantly-appointed dining room, and contemporary American cuisine while overlooking the White House and Lafayette Park. Evening guests can enjoy the sounds of Tom Vogt, Washington’s favorite pianist.
Off the Record Bar
Off the Record Bar is an award-winning venue named by Forbes.com as one of the “World’s Best Hotel Bars.” Along with a relaxed atmosphere, Off the Record also features an exceptional menu and nightly entertainment.
With the business traveler in mind, Hay-Adams offers guests 24-hour complimentary access to the fully-equipped business center that features a computer, fax machine and printer. Complimentary internet and a morning sedan are also provided.
RATECHECK GUARANTEES YOU THE BEST PRICE
We want you to get the best rate and our RateCheck ensures it. Once you book, RateCheck reviews your reservation and if the hotel reduces their price outside of your cancellation period, we will re-book your stay at the reduced rate.