Magellan Luxury Hotels Referral Contest
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Contest will commence on January 1, 2020 at 12:00 AM Central Time and will end on March 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM Central Time. The Contest is sponsored and administered by Magellan Vacations Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). Void where prohibited by law.
1. Eligibility: The Magellan Luxury Hotels Referral Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all Magellan Luxury Hotels members and new members referred by existing Magellan Luxury Hotels members who:
(a) are legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), and the United States;
(b) are at least twenty-one (21) years old as of the date of entry; and currently residing in Canada (excluding the province of Quebec) or the United States at time of entry.
Employees of the Sponsor and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Magellan Vacations, as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. How to Enter: No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Magellan Luxury Hotel members (the “Entrant”) will receive one entry for each new client they refer who becomes a member with Magellan Luxury Hotels, the newly referred client will also receive an entry. Requirements to become a member are providing first and last name, email address, and phone number. NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED. Referral client must contact Magellan Luxury Hotels and provide first and last name of the Magellan Luxury Hotels member who referred them as well as one unique identifying item associated with the members file. Eligible identifying items include but are not limited to, address, phone number, email address, and Magellan Luxury Hotel client ID. Entries can be submitted by calling 1-866-784-6726 and speaking to a Hotel Experience Consultant, online chat at www.magellanluxuryhotels.com (the “Official Website”)
Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Magellan Vacations. You must provide all the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Magellan Vacations.
4. Entry Period: The Contest will commence on January 1, 2020 at 12:00 AM Central Time and will end on March 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM Central Time. One (1) Grand Prize draw will be done quarterly and three (3) Secondary Prize draws will be done. The contest entry period and draw date are:
Entry Start Date
Entry End Date
January 1, 2020 12:00 AM CT
March 31, 2020 11:59 PM CT
5. Prizes: The draw consists of one (1) Grand Prize of a Magellan Luxury Hotels hotel credit in the amount of $1,500 USD to be used at one of Magellan’s primary hotels. There will be three (3) Secondary Prizes of a Magellan Luxury Hotels hotel credit in the amount of $250 USD to be used at one of Magellan’s primary hotels.
No cash or other prize substitution permitted. Prizes are non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Magellan Vacations to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest entry period.
7. Winner selection and notification: Each referral by an Entrant counts as an Entry for the Entrant and their referred client for the Grand Prize. The referring client will receive an additional Entry for the Secondary Prize draws. The winner(s) of the Contest will be drawn from all entries under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be drawn as per the entry period chart in rule 4. Winners will be notified via email to the email address or telephone number they entered the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Magellan Vacations shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
Before being confirmed as a winner of the Prize, each selected Entrant must :
(a) correctly answer unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by email or telephone
(b) upon the request of Magellan Vacations, may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Waiver of Publicity/Liability, to be returned within three (3) business days of receipt
If the selected Entrant fails to comply with the foregoing or any other aspect of the Official Contest Rules, their prize may be forfeited and another Entrant will be selected in accordance with the foregoing criteria. Each selected Entrant is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Magellan Vacations, anyone acting on behalf of Magellan Vacations, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Magellan Vacations reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Magellan Vacations may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Magellan Vacations. Magellan Vacations reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Magellan Vacations has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Magellan Vacations reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Magellan Vacations. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Magellan Vacations and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND MANITOBA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, the Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in MANITOBA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 2020 Magellan Luxury Hotels Referral Program, P.O. Box 212 RPO Corydon, Winnipeg, MB. R3M 3S7 Canada.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Magellan Vacations Inc., P.O. Box 212 RPO Corydon, Winnipeg, MB. R3M 3S7 Canada.